Skip to main content

October Update!

The first three months into engineering and I am already bored with it. That's a popular statement made by most engineering students if not all. However, I did mention in my last blog that I'm liking it here and it is true to a certain extent. So, I'll stop complaining now.

Moving on, let's discuss what I did these past two weeks:


  • I found a very interesting TED talk titled: "Inside the mind of a master procrastinator."
    It talks about how a master procrastinator (like me!) thinks. And the biggest takeaway for me from that talk was that all procrastinators need a solid and consequential deadline.
    Youtube link for this video!
  • Talking about TED; our university hosted an event: TEDx CUSAT.
    A funny thing about that was that I was a volunteer. Yes, I was. I have been watching TED videos from a very young age and being part of an event that celebrates its existence was as good as anything.
  • October was challenging! I had my ACM ICPC on 18th and I did not prepare that well.
    I still somehow managed to solve two questions, which is considered satisfactory, given that I'm still in my first semester.
  • I saw Joker in the first week of October. It was a delight to the eyes. Kudos to Lawrence Sher for the amazing cinematography and also to Todd Phillips and all his artistic choices. And at last but not least a huge thanks to Joaquin Phoenix for absolutely killing it as Joker. The Oscar for the Best Actor should definitely go to him. (My review of Joker is coming soon!)
Those were pretty much all the interesting things that happened these two months. 
Also, the iPhone 11 Pro Max released. I think the newer iPhone 11 priced at $699 is a great deal. A post on a somewhat related topic is coming soon.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Thanks as always for reading!
Shammi Anand
- Editor-in-Cheif, Nerd Arena


Comments