Skip to main content

My Thoughts on Skins: Are they better than Cases?


When it comes to protecting your smartphone-back with scratches and those ugly fingerprint smudges, most people use cases. I hate cases. It takes away the awe of the tech we're using and makes it bulky. I love skins though. You get all the protection your phone needs without sacrificing on the look and feel of the bleeding-edge tech.
In this article, I am going to discuss two major smartphone skin manufacturers: Dbrand and Gadgetshieldz.
.
Dbrand is a US-based skin manufacturer, which is one of the biggest in its segment and even ships skins to India. Gadgetshieldz, on the other hand, operates in India as well and, hence, doesn't require international shipping. Therefore the products of the latter are cheaper. I've used Gadgetshieldz's skins from Skinnova lineup and they're very good. My favorite is definitely the Black Matrix. It's a textured matte black sort of material. The quality of the material and the adhesive is very good and it will last you for a long time. I've had my skin on my phone for over 3 months and it's as good as new. 

There is also a big plus point about Gadgetshieldz's skins: it's available for almost every smartphone available in India. On the other hand, Dbrand only has skins for the premium smartphones with the likes of Pixels, Galaxy S series, iPhones, Galaxy Note series, etc.

If you're in India and want to buy a skin, I'd recommend Gadgetshieldz. It'd cost you around 500 rupees for a full back skin while the Dbrand skin along with shipping charges would easily cost you above 2000 rupees for more or less the same piece of skin.

But in the end, it's your choice to make!

Thanks for reading!
– Shammi Anand

Comments